Friday, January 20, 2006

Mom's first trauma




Today I experienced my first traumatic moment with my daughter. We had just gotten home from shopping with grandma, and while we were putting groceries away, along comes Audrey carrying a heavy wooden stool into the dining room. I just by chance looked around at her when she suddenly tripped and landed head first into the wood stool. Unfortunately her top front teeth buffered the landing. I new instantly that this was not good! She looked up at me and started to cry ma ma with blood coming out of her mouth. My first thought was that she lost her teeth or they got jammed up into her gums. I scooped her up and mom and I jumped in the car with Audrey and raced to the dentist. The dentist said that nothing could be done. Most likely her top teeth would turn a dark grey and there is a possibility that they may fall out. Time will tell. In the mean time, Audrey and I went home and she managed to trip and fall again. She smacked her mouth and the blood came pouring out again, just her luck. She seems pretty up beat, but we will see how she feels after her nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice smile. She looks like a hockey player.

Anonymous said...

Poor Baby!! She is such a cutie though, is this after her fall? Looks like she is her happy self again.
Auntie